Monday, October 22, 2007

First Medal of Honor Given


Driving home today I heard that President Bush gave out the first Medal of Honor and I thought to myself it has to be for someone on Navy Seal Team 10 and sure enough it was. I just read the heroic story of this group written by its lone survivor Marcus Luttrell, suitably named, "Lone Survivor". The recipient of the Medal of Honor was Marcus' best friend Michael Murphy. He risked his life to radio in help and was shot numerous times in the process and still managed to say thank you to the person on the other end. Then he continued fighting even with all his battle wounds including gunshots to his head. He has now been honored with the military's highest honor. His parents are from Long Island, NY and must be very proud. The military has set up a web page and I also have attached the CNN article.

Lt. Michael Murphy

CNN Article

No comments: